Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How I love the woman of today's gospel!

Today's gospel from Luke which tells of the story of the woman wiping Jesus' feet w/ oil always gives me such encouragement.  How many times have I disappointed Christ, how many times "the woman in the city, who was a sinner".  How awful for her that her sins were so well-known.  We can hide ours (at least most of them in the dark of our homes and the corners of our souls), but she was known to all as a sinner.  Can you even imagine this type of life, this existence on the edge of society?  But this did not cause her enough embarrassment that she was going to let Jesus pass her by.

Don't let our sinners to cause us let Jesus pass us by.  He is waiting for us, every day in the tabernacle, awaiting our arrival to supper with Him at Mass.  Let us go, wash his feet with our hair, and let Him know of our deep love.  If possible, why not take yourself and your children to confession this weekend and show Him there your love.  How good it will feel to hear - Your sins are forgiven,  go in peace.
 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Rachel!

I'm so excited to have found this blog. I've been thinking of starting a LF group! My daughter turns 5 in February. I will go back and read all the older posts on this blog and see if I can figure out how to start. Thank you, thank you!!