Friday, March 20, 2009

Lent is here....how's it going for you?

I have to admit that Lent has become a habit.  A familiar comfortable habit that no longer causes me any discomfort.  What I gave up isn't a struggle any longer and I have not been at all consistent in other resolutions.  Yuck!

I have two choices - give up and just slide my way to Easter knowing that no one knows how lousy I've been - well, except for all of you.  And God...

OR I can make a recommitment to Lent knowing that God allows for second chances (and third and fourth and five hundred and eleventh!).  

I think you know which one I am going to choose.  Feel free to make that choice with me.  I am not assuming that you need to, but I also know I am not alone in being a slacker Catholic at times.

I am glad that confession is available at my church.  :-)

1 comment:

juliecache said...

would there be any mp3 files for the music?