Thursday, May 14, 2009

Beautiful Sacred Heart tye-dye shirts


This is from Lara in MO--Thanks for sharing, Lara!


Our Little Flowers tye dyed t-shirts with hearts this past Friday then I embelished them with fabric markers to make the hearts into Sacred Hearts. The backs will be Immaculate Hearts but I returned home from Michael’s with fabric markers to find out they were dried out and unusable L

We used directions and supplies from http://www.dharmatrading.com/ this kit: http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1966-AA.shtml?lnav=kits_starter_sets.html includes the book with instructions for doing a heart. VERY easy!!! We had kids from age 4- 13 and so far I have not heard of one that did not turn out. I used yellow, orange, and black fabric markers to embellish the Sacred Heart. I had a purple one to add a wound to the heart but that was one that was dried out. I will use purple to put dark roses on the Immaculate Hearts (you could use pink dye instead… do NOT let yourself be limited by our photos, I just used what was in the kit I received but the dyes are quite inexpensive once you have all the supplies. I found 2.5 gallon blue buckets for the soda ash bath at Walmart in the automotive dept. for $1.25 each).

I also have metallic silver fabric marker to put a sword piercing the Immaculate Hearts. I will try to post photos of that when they are complete.
+J.M.J.+,
Lara in MO

2 comments:

Dana said...

My children are " disabled " I was interested in doing this at home .. where they would feel more comfortable and be able to go at their own pace. How do I go about getting started?

Joan Stromberg said...

The program is flexible enough to use in the home with special needs children. You would need a Leader's Guide and each child should have their own Member's Guides. Everything else is optional but adds to the value of the program: sashes, badges, t-shirts, etc. Go to www.eccehomopress.com for ordering.